THE PAPUA NEW GUINEA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position within the PNG University of Technology (UNITECH):
A newly created office within the Students Academic Division, its mission is: To be an excellent centre for storing, organizing and maintaining, accurate data and fast retrieval of records.
Senior Records Officer
The PNG University of Technology seeks to hire a Senior Records Officer who can store, maintain, organize, retrieve and when required dispose of its important academic and administrative data in a more secure and appropriate manner. The candidate should have experience creating, organizing and maintaining databases that ensure quick retrieval of information.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior Records Officer should, among other things, do the following:
* Receive, organize and store records about registration, fees, examination results and progress of students from all departments
* Receive, organize and store records of the Academic Board and of the University Council and their Committees
Receive, organize and retrieve employee records
* Receive, organize and store all policies of the University and retrieve and provide copies of same to authorized persons when required
* Provide progress reports and academic transcripts to students as provided for by Academic Board policies
* Retrieve and provide records to the Registrar and other officials of the University
The suitable candidate should have the following general attributes:
* A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT from a recognized university, and with a GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or higher
* Proven competence in working with databases
* At least 2 years experience in similar positions in industry or academia
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal competencies
* A high standard of moral integrity
* Must possess programming skills and experience working with Microsoft Packages namely (C#, ASP.Net, and Microsoft SQL Server).
The incumbent for this post is expected to report directly to the Deputy Registrar Academic and work closely with the following:
* Examinations Officer
* Admissions Officer
* Scholarships Officer
* Secretary to Council
* Executive Officers of all Academic Board and Council Committees
* Director of Information & Communications Technology Services
Conditions of Service: :
Senior Assistant Registrar: K49, 715.00 – K69, 852.00
Domestic Market Allowance: K6, 200.00 – K11, 800.00 per annum
Superannuation: 15% of basic salary + DMA
(Level of appointment depends upon qualification and experience)
Detailed application with curriculum vitae including certified copies of qualifications, names and addresses including email addresses, phone numbers of three (3) current referees including one from past/present employer, if any, should be sent to the address below:
PNG University of Technology,
Private Mail Bag,
Papua New Guinea
Applicants are encouraged to email all applications to email@example.com
* Deadline for all applications is on the 12th of February, 2021.
* ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED.
* Housing is a condition of employment.
ICT Job Opportunities-PNG DataCo Limited