by Daisy Lisania
I am using a smart sim in the Philippines and I see so much difference in the data usage then with Digicel in PNG.
1. 100 Philippine peso is equals to 6.68 PNG kina.
For 100 pesos, I get 1G for 3 days All net and internet video included and it is a very honest network. When the 3 days are over, I receive a text message telling me your data is expired.
2. I have 300 pesos in my phone as load/units.
The network will only use the MB 1G that I bought and leave my 200 pesos unused unless I have to buy for 3 days or more.
3. In contrast, Digicel uses the data quickly.
And eats up the remaining units as well.
4. This makes me conclude; their system is computerised in such a way when the mb runs out, the remaining units are also eaten away.
5. Suggestion goes to the Communications Minister to look into this and rectify the ongoing problem which is affecting all of PNG.
6. Maybe one day, Digicel will be kind like Smart, to serve us better since customers are what makes the Digicel company a success in PNG.
These observations and thoughts penned above are entirely based on my personal experience.
next : Simple Code To Stop Advertising Text Messages From Digicel